As a CIO and IT Operations leader in the retail and financial industries, Phil has demonstrated success:
- Led technology operations for a Fortune 100 company, through mergers, data center consolidations, and implementation of major outsourcing partnerships.
- Acquired and integrated Oracle and SAP ERP systems including finance, payroll, benefits, merchandising, manufacturing, and logistics/distribution systems supporting up to $25B in business.
- Developed and maintained secure, stable, high-volume enterprise systems driving internal and Internet operations for retail, electronic banking, and student lending.
- Created the architecture and built the world-wide technology infrastructure covering a thousand locations in the United States and more than a dozen overseas locations.
- Led an organizational transformation in a team of 500 IT professionals, improving efficiency, customer service, and morale. Experienced leading multiple teams of internal, outsourced, and off-shore resources.
- Partnered with senior executives – both internal and external customers – in the creation of strategy, budgets, and systems supporting business initiatives.
- Created a project management office that oversaw the integration of the technology infrastructure during the merger of two $15B enterprises. Implemented processes necessary to achieve compliance with demanding standards, including Sarbanes-Oxley and the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.