As a technology leader Phil has a track record of success in the retail and financial industries.
- Created the technology architecture for a global, high volume, high availability, 24×7 retailer with a mix of unique facilities around the world from water bottling plants and bakeries to distribution centers and hundreds of retail stores.
- Led the design, development, and support of the online and in-store systems which enabled Sportsman’s Warehouse to be named in the top 3 of Total Retail’s “Top 100 Omnichannel Retailers” in 2021 and 2022.
- Led the design, development, and support of the systems which enable the Exchange to be named in the top 10 of Consumer Reports list of online electronics retailers in 2015 and 2016.
- Designed and implemented the systems supporting a 1.2 million square foot distribution center supporting department stores as well as several eCommerce fulfillment centers.
- Acquired and integrated Oracle and SAP ERP systems including finance, payroll, benefits, merchandising, manufacturing, and logistics/distribution systems supporting up to $25B in business.
- Led technology operations for a Fortune 100 company, through mergers, data center consolidations, and implementation of major outsourcing partnerships.
- Led an organizational transformation in a team of more than 500 IT professionals around the world, improving efficiency, customer service, and morale.
- Created a project management office that oversaw the integration of the technology infrastructure during the merger of two $15B enterprises.
- Designed and drove the information security program for a global retailer that EY assessed as being ahead of the retail industry in 20 of 20 critical areas.